To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (effective from 25 May)
To assure our customers that we store and use their data responsibly.
Date: 01 December 2020
Based on a advice provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office
Introduction to Iamabeekeeper
Iamabeekeeper was started in 2019 by Gill Grimshaw. Gill started beekeeping in 2000. Her products were previously sold from the website lifebalance.org.uk
Personal Data and Privacy
For us to fulfil orders, we process personal data which relates to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the appropriate confidentiality, integrity and security of personal data that we process by complying with both our legal and ethical obligations in respect of data protection and privacy. This policy sets out the principles Iamabeekeeper adheres to when processing personal data and outlines the operational aspects of our various data processing activities.
What Personal Data do we Collect?
Personal data is any information relating to an identifiable living individual. We collect the following information about individuals:
Personal/contact information: names (including pseudonyms), telephone and email contact details.
Correspondence: information relevant to your specific enquiries and orders.
Other: any other information you choose to provide to us.
The website uses a secure sockets layer protocol (for more technical information please click: SSL) which protects the data that you send to us. You can verify this by looking for the green padlock in your browser address bar. When you hover the mouse over the padlock you will see that it says, “verified by: cPanel, Inc.” and the address will begin: https://
When any user visits our website, we will also automatically collect certain limited information using cookies to distinguish that user from other users of our website. This helps us to provide a better experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve our site. For more information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them click here.
What do we do with your Personal Data?
We may use your data to analyse past trends in demand for our products.
If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details of “Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data” below.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
Individuals whose personal data we process have certain rights in respect of that data, including:
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at: knowyourprivacyrights.org
- You have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you. The regulations say that we need to respond to your request within a month. So if you wish to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to rectification (in other words to correct it if it is incorrect). If you wish to rectify the data, we hold about you please send an email to email@example.com specifying the corrections needed.
- You have the right to be forgotten (in other words to request that the data be deleted). Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to portability (in other words to request a copy of your data in a format that allows you to transfer to another IT system). Please send an email to email@example.com
How We Might Share your Personal Data
We will only share personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers and Suppliers. We may use external IT consultants to provide support and development services in relation to our systems and databases. These consultants may from time to time need to access information which may contain personal data for the purposes of systems testing and development.
- Other Third Parties. In some circumstance, we may need to share your personal data where necessary with other third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies) to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law. We require third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect information from unauthorised access or processing
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data we transmit, store or otherwise process against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, please notify us of the problem immediately by contacting us using the details below.
Prior to introducing new systems or technologies relevant to the processing of personal data, we will undertake the necessary impact assessments with a focus on any associated risks.
How Long Do We Retain Personal Data For?
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services or for as long as we reasonably require retaining the information for our lawful business purposes or comply with a statutory or other legal requirement.
In the event of any breach of Iamabeekeeper systems impacting on the security of customer or any other individual’s personal data, we will inform the affected individuals at the earliest opportunity describing the nature of the breach, the possible consequences and the measures being taken to remedy the situation in accordance with the applicable law.
Please direct any comments or enquires relating to this policy via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way in which Iamabeekeeper processes your personal data, please contact us using the information provided above.
If we cannot resolve the issue to your satisfaction you also have the right to lodge a complaint before the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK data protection authority. Their contact details as are follows: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745; or see their website.
Updating this Policy
From time to time we may change our data processing activities. We will notify you of any changes to this policy as required by law. We will also post an updated version on our website.
Date: 01 December 2020